Monday, May 17, 2010

Not Being Mistaken for a Local Just Yet...

As the title states, I'm definitely not being mistaken for a brit just yet. Walking up to the counter trying to make that the coin I'm handing them is 50 pence and not 2 pence (Honestly why a two pence coin. seems absolutely silly to me). Staring blankly when a question is asked quickly with a strong accent. Things, however, are getting better. I "topped up" my oyster card, rode the metro, and ordered a couple pints of Guinness without any undo difficulties. Everything gets a little more interesting when you're lost, confused, and have the wrong accent. I've really taken to talking as little as possible. Not that I'm fooling anyone...just yet. My goal is to get asked for directions in the next 6 days.
I've recently got to meet a few of Karl's friends. We bonded over chess boxing, and American memories. They're a pretty cool crew. I'm excited to be spending the next week with all of them. Sorry, short entry, I'm headed off to the National Gallery this morning. Then Tiger, Tiger this evening. woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment